The Defining Decade Why Your Twenties Matter--And How to Make the Most of Them Now, by Jay, Meg
- ISBN: 9781538754238 | 1538754231
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 3/16/2021
The Defining Decade has changed the way millions of twentysomethings think about their twenties—and themselves. Revised and reissued for a new generation, let it change how you think about you and yours.
Our "thirty-is-the-new-twenty" culture tells us the twentysomething years don't matter. Some say they are an extended adolescence. Others call them an emerging adulthood. In The Defining Decade, Meg Jay argues that twentysomethings have been caught in a swirl of hype and misinformation, much of which has trivialized the most transformative time of our lives.
Drawing from more than two decades of work with thousands of clients and students, Jay weaves the latest science of the twentysomething years with behind-closed-doors stories from twentysomethings themselves. The result is a provocative read that provides the tools necessary to take the most of your twenties, and shows us how work, relationships, personality, identity and even the brain can change more during this decade than at any other time in adulthood—if we use the time well.
Also included in this updated edition:
- Up-to-date research on work, love, the brain, friendship, technology, and fertility
- What a decade of device use has taught us about looking at friends—and looking for love—online
- 29 conversations to have with your partner—or to keep in mind as you search for one
- A social experiment in which "digital natives" go without their phones
- A Reader's Guide for book clubs, classrooms, or further self-reflection