- ISBN: 9780134711225 | 013471122X
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 5/24/2017
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 013457673X.
The information needed to design effective supplemental mathematics instruction and to evaluate and modify commercially developed math programs.
This resource provides teachers with evidence-based teaching strategies for supplementing mathematics instruction for students from preschool through Grade 8, and for older students and adult learners who are struggling with basic skills. Included are procedures for evaluating and modifying currently available commercially developed math programs, plus systematic procedures for addressing both conceptual understanding and procedural fluency for topics represented by the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). The new edition includes an updated chapter on research, new content related to probability and data analysis, and video links to teaching demonstrations for many of the teaching formats (in the Enhanced Pearson eText). Direct Instruction Mathematics contains Instructional Sequence and Assessment Charts that can serve as the basis for designing diagnostic tests as well as for constructing goals and objectives.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.*
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.**
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
**The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.