William D. Bowman is Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology and Director of the Mountain Research Station at the University of Colorado, Boulder.
Sally D. Hacker is Professor of Integrative Biology at Oregon State University, Corvallis.
1. The Web of Life
Unit 1: Organisms and Their Environment
2. The Physical Environment 3. The Biosphere 4. Coping with Environmental Variation: Temperature and Water 5. Coping with Environmental Variation: Energy
Unit 2: Evolutionary Ecology
6. Evolution and Ecology 7. Life History 8. Behavioral Ecology
Unit 3: Populations
9. Population Distribution and Abundance 10. Population Dynamics 11. Population Growth and Regulation
Unit 4: Species Interactions
12. Predation 13. Parasitism 14. Competition 15. Mutualism and Commensalism
Unit 5: Communities
16. The Nature of Communities 17. Change in Communities 18. Biogeography 19. Species Diversity in Communities
Unit 6: Ecosystems
20. Production 21. Energy Flow and Food Webs 22. Nutrient Supply and Cycling
Unit 7: Applied and Large-Scale Ecology
23. Conservation Biology 24. Landscape Ecology and Ecosystem Management 25. Global Ecology
Appendix: Some Metric Measurements Used in Ecology
What is included with this book?
The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Used, Rental and eBook copies of this book are not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.