Electronics for Dummies, by Shamieh, Cathleen
- ISBN: 9781119675594 | 1119675596
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 12/5/2019
Build your electronics workbench—and begin creating fun electronics projects right away
Packed with hundreds of diagrams and photographs, this book provides step-by-step instructions for experiments that show you how electronic components work, advice on choosing and using essential tools, and exciting projects you can build in 30 minutes or less. You'll get charged up as you transform theory into action in chapter after chapter!
- Circuit basics — learn what voltage is, where current flows (and doesn't flow), and how power is used in a circuit
- Critical components — discover how resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, and transistors control and shape electric current
- Versatile chips — find out how to use analog and digital integrated circuits to build complex projects with just a few parts
- Analyze circuits — understand the rules that govern current and voltage and learn how to apply them
- Safety tips — get a thorough grounding in how to protect yourself—and your electronics—from harm
P.S. If you think this book seems familiar, you’re probably right. The Dummies team updated the cover and design to give the book a fresh feel, but the content is the same as the previous release of Electronics For Dummies (9781119117971). The book you see here shouldn’t be considered a new or updated product. But if you’re in the mood to learn something new, check out some of our other books. We’re always writing about new topics!