Elements of Chemical Reaction Engineering, by Fogler, H. Scott
- ISBN: 9780135486221 | 013548622X
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 8/11/2020
The Definitive Guide to Chemical Reaction Engineering Problem-Solving -- With Updated Content and More Active Learning
For decades, H. Scott Fogler's Elements of Chemical Reaction Engineering has been the world's dominant chemical reaction engineering text. This Sixth Edition and integrated Web site deliver a more compelling active learning experience than ever before. Using sliders and interactive examples in Wolfram, Python, POLYMATH, and MATLAB, students can explore reactions and reactors by running realistic simulation experiments.
Writing for today's students, Fogler provides instant access to information, avoids extraneous details, and presents novel problems linking theory to practice. Faculty can flexibly define their courses, drawing on updated chapters, problems, and extensive Professional Reference Shelf web content at diverse levels of difficulty.
The book thoroughly prepares undergraduates to apply chemical reaction kinetics and physics to the design of chemical reactors. And four advanced chapters address graduate-level topics, including effectiveness factors. To support the field's growing emphasis on chemical reactor safety, each chapter now ends with a practical safety lesson.
- Updates throughout the book reflect current theory and practice and emphasize safety
- New discussions of molecular simulations and stochastic modeling
- Increased emphasis on alternative energy sources such as solar and biofuels
- Thorough reworking of three chapters on heat effects
- Full chapters on nonideal reactors, diffusion limitations, and residence time distribution
About the Companion Web Site (umich.edu/~elements/6e/index.html)
- Complete PowerPoint slides for lecture notes for chemical reaction engineering classes
- Links to additional software, including POLYMATH™, MATLAB™, Wolfram Mathematica™, AspenTech™, and COMSOL™
- Interactive learning resources linked to each chapter, including Learning Objectives, Summary Notes, Web Modules, Interactive Computer Games, Solved Problems, FAQs, additional homework problems, and links to Learncheme
- Living Example Problems -- unique to this book -- that provide more than 80 interactive simulations, allowing students to explore the examples and ask "what-if" questions
- Professional Reference Shelf, which includes advanced content on reactors, weighted least squares, experimental planning, laboratory reactors, pharmacokinetics, wire gauze reactors, trickle bed reactors, fluidized bed reactors, CVD boat reactors, detailed explanations of key derivations, and more
- Problem-solving strategies and insights on creative and critical thinking
Register your book for convenient access to downloads, updates, and/or corrections as they become available. See inside book for details.