- ISBN: 9781119891970 | 1119891973
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 2/27/2024
The Ethics Toolkit offers an engaging and approachable introduction to the core concepts, principles, and methods of contemporary ethics. Explaining to students and general readers how to think critically about ethics and actually use philosophical concepts, this innovative volume provides the tools and knowledge required to engage intelligently in ethical study, deliberation, and debate.
Invaluable as both a complete guide and a handy reference, this versatile resource provides clear and authoritative information on a diverse range of topics, from fundamental concepts and major ethical frameworks to contemporary critiques and ongoing debates. Throughout the text, Fosl and Baggini highlight the crucial role ethics plays in our lives, exploring autonomy, free will, consciousness, fairness, responsibility, consent, intersectionality, sex and gender, and much more.
Substantially revised and expanded, the second edition of The Ethics Toolkit contains a wealth of new entries, new recommended readings, more detailed textual references, and numerous timely real-world and hypothetical examples.
- Uses clear and accessible language appropriate for use inside and beyond the classroom
- Contains cross-referenced entries to help readers connect and contrast ideas
- Engages both non-Western and Western philosophy
- Offer insights into key issues in ethics with a firm grounding in the history of philosophy
- Includes an appendix of tools for the practice of ethics, including links to podcasts, web and print resources, and prominent ethics organizations
Written by the authors of the popular The Philosophers’ Toolkit, this new edition of The Ethics Toolkit is a must-have resource for anyone interested in ethics, from general readers to undergraduate and graduate students.