- ISBN: 9781119863144 | 1119863147
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 3/6/2024
Now in its fourth edition, Exotic Animal Medicine for the Veterinary Technician is a comprehensive yet clear introduction to exotic animal practice for veterinary technicians in the classroom and clinic setting alike. With an emphasis on the exotic species most likely to present to a veterinary practice, coverage includes avian, reptiles, amphibians, small mammals, and wildlife. Newly in full color, this edition features updates throughout, with case studies for readers, presented and worked up in a veterinary hospital to obtain a diagnosis and provide treatment, two new chapters fear free for birds and exotic animal rehabilitation, and full color new photos throughout, including radiographs.
Designed to provide technicians with all the information necessary to confidently and competently treat exotic patients, Exotic Animal Medicine for the Veterinary Technician offers easy-to-follow descriptions of common procedures and techniques. A companion website offers review questions and images from the book in PowerPoint for download.
- Features anatomy, restraint, common diseases to radiology, surgical assisting, and parasitology
- New chapters on fear free for birds and exotic animal rehabilitation
- Includes "Case Studies" in some of the chapters where a case is featured, so the reader can see how cases in this field are presented and worked up in a veterinary hospital to obtain a diagnosis and provide treatment
- More photos included in this edition to many of the chapters which includes radiographs, with book in full color
- Companion website offering review questions and images from the text in PowerPoint