- ISBN: 9781119873754 | 1119873754
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 1/19/2023
A thorough and authoritative discussion of how to use fault analysis to prevent grid failures
In Fault Analysis and its Impact on Grid-connected Photovoltaic Systems Performance, a team of distinguished engineers deliver an insightful and concise analysis on how engineers can use fault analysis to estimate and ensure reliability in grid-connected photovoltaic systems. The editors explore how failure data can be used to identify how power electronics-based power systems operate and how they can help to perform risk analysis and reduce the likelihood and frequency of failure.
The book explains how to apply different fault detection techniques—including signal and image processing, fault tolerant approaches—and explores the impact of faults in grid-connected photovoltaic systems. It offers contributions from noted experts in the field and is fully updated to include the latest technologies and approaches. Readers will also find:
- A failure mode effect classification approach for distributed generation systems and their components
- Explanations of advanced machine learning approaches with significant market potential and real-world relevance
- A consideration of the issues pertaining to the integration of power electronics converters with distributed generation systems in grid-connected environments
- Treatments of IoT-based monitoring, ageing detection for capacitors, image and signal processing approaches, and standards for failure modes and criticality analyses
Perfect for manufacturers and engineers working in the power electronics-based power system and smart grid sectors, Fault Analysis and its Impact on Grid- connected Photovoltaic Systems Performance will also earn a place in the libraries of distributed generation companies facing issues in operation and maintenance.