First Time Knitting The Absolute Beginner's Guide: Learn By Doing - Step-by-Step Basics + 9 Projects, by Hammett, Carri
- ISBN: 9781589238053 | 1589238052
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 8/1/2014
Learning how to knit has never been simpler! First Time Knitting guides you through the basics and beyond with step-by-step photo-illustrated instruction on every essential technique and nine simple projects using them.
Knitting is much more than just a way to make something. With minimal investment of time and money, you’ll soon discover that the process of knitting is relaxing and even therapeutic. The rhythmic and repetitive motion is very calming and restful. You may look forward to your quiet time with needles and yarn as the best part of your day.
This book teaches you a range of knitting skills, from the most simple, basic ones to more advanced techniques that will launch you confidently into the full spectrum of knitting options. Each chapter begins by teaching the skills needed to make the projects in that chapter. As you progress through the book, new techniques are introduced that build on the skills that were presented earlier. Learn about:
- Basic knitting, from choosing a yarn and tools to your first techniques (Projects: Garter Stitch Scarf and Scarf Knit with Two Yarns)
- Creating texture by combining different stitches (Projects: Baby Blocks Blanket and Seed Stitch Table Runner plus Variation)
- Shaping by increasing and decreasing stitches (Project: Leaf Edge Shawl)
- Knitting in the round with circular needles (Project: Easy Knit Hat)
- Putting it all together by picking up stitches and making seams (Projects: Directional Blocks Scarf and Baby Bathrobe)
There’s a first time for everything. Enjoy the journey and achieve success with First Time Knitting.