- ISBN: 9781394225538 | 1394225539
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 4/2/2024
The quick, comprehensive, and accessible guide that new educators need to make it through the first year and thrive in the profession.
The First-Year Teacher's Survival Guide provides valuable strategies, activities, and tools you need to succeed in the classroom. Now in its fifth edition, this book meets the needs of today’s K-12 teachers, updated with the latest tools, techniques, and topics that aren’t addressed in teacher education programs. Inside, you will find practical information on classroom management, professional growth, trauma-informed practices, student engagement, social-emotional learning and more. You’ll also get an essential introduction to teaching and learning in an AI-enabled world, as well as maximizing the use of digital tools, devices, and apps. With downloadable forms, worksheets, and video instructions available online, this book truly supports you as you enter the challenging and rewarding profession of education.
- Get ideas for communicating with concerned parents and caregivers
- Learn tips for maintaining a comfortable work-life balance and prioritizing self-care
- Help your students succeed with tech-integration and personalized instruction
- Maintain a calm, safe classroom with classroom management techniques, apps, and restorative practices
- Discover proven strategies for creating a positive classroom environment and, supportive relationships with students
This must-have guide is filled with the information and tips new K-12 teachers need to face classroom challenges with confidence and thrive in the profession.