- ISBN: 9781394199785 | 1394199783
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 4/2/2024
A practical guide to becoming a community health worker
Foundations for Community Health Workers provides a practical and comprehensive introduction to essential skills for professionals in community health roles. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a greater need than ever for compassionate community health workers trained in the core competencies and guiding principles that can empower individuals to lead healthy lives. With an emphasis on social justice, cultural humility, and client-centered practice, this book offers a solid background in professional skills and their application. Real-life case studies and quotes from community health workers illustrate the challenges and successes that learners will face on the job. Readers will also gain skills in conflict resolution, group facilitation, community organizing, trauma support, and more, equipping them to enter the public health field with confidence and safety.
- Learn about the public health field and the skills needed to become a community health worker
- Gain skills in interacting with people from diverse backgrounds and circumstances
- Develop a background in client interviewing, community advocacy, and facilitating community health trainings
- Read case studies from real community health workers
This book, in its updated Third Edition, is a valuable introduction and reference for anyone working toward a career as a community health worker.