Freestyle Bonsai How to pot, grow, prune, and shape - Bend the rules of traditional bonsai, by Kellerhals, Jerome; Marval, Mariannjely
- ISBN: 9780760371978 | 0760371970
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 4/12/2022
Learn the tools and techniques of bonsai to get started potting, shaping, and caring for your own collection of tiny trees, all while learning it’s okay to bend the rules along the way.
Though bonsai is steeped in ancient traditions and techniques, it doesn’t have to be intimidating and difficult. A new generation of bonsai enthusiasts are discovering the joys of growing these miniaturized works of living art, and in Freestyle Bonsai, bonsai artists and growers Jerome and Mari Kellerhals of The Bonsai Supply show you how you, too, can grow beautiful bonsai trees without judgement or the stress of perfection. The art of bonsai is personal, and learning how to train trees to please you is the only thing that matters. While the history and tradition of the art is respected and honored throughout, Freestyle Bonsai is as much about giving you permission to bend the rules as it is about introducing you to them.
- Which tree species are the best for beginners
- A breakdown of bonsai tools and how to use them
- How to successfully pot a bonsai tree
- Easy bonsai styling, including clipping, training, and wiring techniques
- Care and maintenance tips for your bonsai collection
- Step-by-step shaping instructions to create ten different bonsai styles
Whether your trees are grown indoors or out, bonsai is a relaxing hobby with gorgeous results. Like every other art form out there, bonsai comes from the heart. Live a #bonsailife with guidance and inspiration from Freestyle Bonsai.