Fundamentals of Business Organizations for Paralegals, by Bouchoux, Deborah E.
- ISBN: 9781543826920 | 154382692X
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/31/2022
Now in its Seventh Edition,Fundamentals of Business Organizations for Paralegalsby Deborah E. Bouchoux offers concise coverage of every form of business organization in the United States.
In a readable and concise format,Fundamentals of Business Organizations for Paralegalsdiscusses the nature of each form of business; the advantages and disadvantages of each type of organization, business operation and management; transferability of ownership; formation and dissolution of the business; and the tax implications for each type of organization. With a straightforward treatment of all pertinent topics, Deborah E. Bouchoux expertly balances substantive discussion with practical guidance for the paralegal. Enhanced by excellent pedagogy, the text engages students with the material and ensures comprehension of key topics.
New to the Seventh Edition:
- All new case illustrations and end-of-chapter discussion and Net Worth questions
- New and updated charts
- Discussion of the Corporate Transparency Act of 2021
- Discussions of the shift away from the shareholder primacy doctrine to a new standard for corporate responsibility in which the interests of other stakeholders are considered when corporations take action
- Examination of green and social bonds, by which corporations fund eco-friendly projects or raise funds for social projects such as affordable housing
- An entirely new section in Chapter Ten on governance trends, especially ESG issues, such as improving diversity in the boardroom and proposals to combat climate change
- The effect of the #MeToo and Black Lives Matter movements on businesses
- The significance of the COVID-19 pandemic in various business-related issues
Professors and students will benefit from:
- Thoughtful text tailored to a shorter course
- Timely coverage of new trends and topics
- Excellent pedagogy and well-written text make a dense topic accessible
- Helpful visual aids and charts that illustrate and highlight important topics
- Sample forms that appear in context throughout the book
- Discussion of the role of the paralegal in each chapter