- ISBN: 9781119533085 | 1119533082
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 2/23/2021
Fundamentals of Person-Centred Healthcare Practice presents evidence-based perspectives on a broad range of approaches to person-centred practice in healthcare. Featuring contributions from internationally recognised experts in the field, this valuable textbook helps students and staff across healthcare disciplines understand the essential concepts of person-centred practice in various health-related contexts. Using the Person-centred Practice Framework—an innovative theoretical model based on more than two decades of research and practice—students develop a strong understanding of the different components of person-centredness, their connections and interactions, and how they can be implemented to promote positive healthcare experiences for care providers, service-users, and families.
Recognising the dynamic and complex nature of person-centredness, the text emphasises the importance of a common language and a shared understanding of person-centred practice in all areas of healthcare, from hospital and social care systems, to mental health, learning disability, and rehabilitation services. This practical and insightful introduction to the subject:
- Provides engaging, student-friendly coverage of the central principles and practice of person-centredness within a multi-professional and interdisciplinary context
- Features cases and examples of person-centred practice in curricula worldwide
- Includes activities designed to support person-centred practitioner development
- Discusses the future of person-centred facilitation, learning and practice
- Offers real-world guidance on providing a holistic approach to developing person-centred relationships that facilitate meaningful connections with others
Fundamentals of Person-Centred Healthcare Practice is an indispensable resource for nursing and allied health professionals, and an important reference work for educators, facilitators, supervisors and healthcare practitioners.