- ISBN: 9781119411963 | 1119411963
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 7/17/2017
Genealogy For Dummies, 8th Edition covers everything you need to know about starting a genealogical research project—including where and how to find information, how to communicate with other online genealogists, how to leverage social networking sites and apps, how to add digital images to your family tree, and how to build your own site for sharing information. It also explains the use of compiled genealogies, U.S. Census information, and public access catalogs.
Brand new to this edition is content on how to conduct genealogical research on the road, and on how to take this research and integrate it into the data found at home. It also contains new information on DNA research and testing, new geocoding applications to record geographic data into a genealogical database, and other new technologies. The book covers which apps are worth your money, and how to get the most out of them.
- Use the latest tools to research family history
- Create your own site to showcase your family tree, digital images, and compiled genealogies
- Get access to free versions of Legacy Family Tree and Personal Ancestral Files
- Utilize both online and offline research techniques and tools
Follow the clues to uncover your family's legacy—and have fun along the way!