- ISBN: 9781119853138 | 1119853133
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 1/25/2023
A hands-on guide covering the fundamentals of virology written from an engineering perspective
In A Guide to Virology for Engineers and Applied Scientists: Epidemiology, Emergency Management, and Optimization, a team of distinguished researchers delivers a robust and accessible treatment of virology from an engineering perspective. The book synthesizes a great deal of general information on viruses—including coronaviruses—in a single volume. It provides critical context that engineers and applied scientists can use to evaluate and manage viruses encountered in the environment. The fundamental principles of virology are explored with calculation details for health and hazard risk assessments. Each chapter combines numerous illustrative examples and sample problems ideal for advanced courses in environmental health and safety, pharmaceuticals, and environmental science and engineering.
Readers will also find:
- A detailed introduction to health and hazard risk analysis and assessment that is complete with technical information and calculation details
- Comprehensive illustrative examples and practice problems for use by educators and professionals in training
- Practical discussions of virology by authors with combined experience in pharmaceuticals and environmental health and safety
- Thorough treatments of virology from the perspective of a professional engineer
- A definitive source for those working in related fields who wish to deepen their overall understanding of viruses
Perfect for chemical, civil, mechanical, biochemical engineers, and applied scientists, A Guide to Virology for Engineers and Applied Scientists: Epidemiology, Emergency Management, and Optimization will also earn a place in the libraries of industrial hygiene professionals and instructors, students, and practitioners in environmental health, pharmaceuticals, public health, and epidemiology.