- ISBN: 9781119005490 | 1119005493
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 9/25/2017
The Handbook of Bilingual and Multilingual Education presents the first comprehensive international reference work of the latest policies, practices, and theories related to the dynamic interdisciplinary field of bilingual and multilingual education.
- Represents the first comprehensive reference work that covers bilingual, multilingual, and multicultural educational policies and practices around the world
- Features contributions from 78 established and emerging international scholars
- Offers extensive coverage in sixteen chapters of language and education issues in specific and diverse regional/geographic contexts, including South Africa, Mexico, Latvia, Cambodia, Japan, and Texas
- Covers pedagogical issues such as language assessment as well as offering evolving perspectives on the needs of specific learner populations, such as ELLs, learners with language impairments, and bilingual education outside of the classroom