Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781119075387 | 1119075386
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 5/1/2018
This authoritative handbook explores the latest integrated theory for understanding human language, offering the most inclusive text yet published on the rapidly evolving emergentist paradigm.
- Brings together an international team of contributors, including the most prominent advocates of linguistic emergentism
- Focuses on the ways in which the learning, processing, and structure of language emerge from a competing set of cognitive, communicative, and biological constraints
- Examines forces on widely divergent timescales, from instantaneous neurolinguistic processing to historical changes and language evolution
- Addresses key theoretical, empirical, and methodological issues, making this handbook the most rigorous examination of emergentist linguistic theory ever