Handbook of MRI Technique, by Westbrook, Catherine
- ISBN: 9781119759331 | 1119759331
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/10/2022
HANDBOOK OF MRI TECHNIQUE
Distinguished educator Catherine Westbrook delivers a comprehensive and intuitive resource for radiologic technologists in this newly revised Fifth Edition of the Handbook of MRI Technique. With a heavy emphasis on protocol optimisation and patient care, the book guides the uninitiated through scanning techniques and assists more experienced technologists with image quality improvement.
The new edition includes up-to-date scanning techniques and an additional chapter on paediatric imaging. The latest regulations on MRI safety are referenced and there are expanded sections on slice prescription criteria. The book also includes the contributions of several clinical experts, walking readers through key theoretical concepts, discussing practical tips on cardiac gating, equipment use, patient care, MRI safety, and contrast media. Step-by-step instruction is provided on scanning each anatomical area, complete with patient positioning and image quality optimisation techniques.
The book includes:
- A thorough introduction to the concepts of parameters and trade-offs, as well as pulse sequences, flow phenomena, and artefacts
- Comprehensive explorations of cardiac gating and respiratory compensation techniques, patient care and safety, contrast agents, and slice prescription criteria
- Practical discussions of a wide variety of examination areas, including the head and neck, spine, chest, abdomen, pelvis, the upper and lower limbs, and paediatric imaging
- A companion website with self-assessment questions and image flashcards
Perfect for radiography students and newly qualified practitioners, as well as practitioners preparing for MRI-based certification and examination, the Handbook of MRI Technique will also prove to be an invaluable addition to the libraries of students in biomedical engineering technology and radiology residents.