A History of the Ancient Near East ca. 3000-323 BC, by Van De Mieroop, Marc
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781118718162 | 111871816X
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 8/3/2015
Incorporating the latest scholarly research, the third edition of A History of the Ancient Near East ca. 3000–323 BC presents a comprehensive overview of the multicultural civilizations of the ancient Near East.
- Integrates the most up-to-date research, and includes a richer selection of supplementary materials
- Addresses the wide variety of political, social, and cultural developments in the ancient Near East
- Updated features include new “Key Debate” boxes at the end of each chapter to engage students with various perspectives on a range of critical issues; a comprehensive timeline of events; and 46 new illustrations, including 12 color photos
- Features a new chapter addressing governance and continuity in the region during the Persian Empire
- Offers in-depth, accessible discussions of key texts and sources, including the Bible and the Epic of Gilgamesh