A History of Greek Art, by Stansbury-o'donnell, Mark D.
- ISBN: 9781444350159 | 1444350153
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/27/2015
Offering a unique blend of thematic and chronological investigation, this highly illustrated, engaging text explores the rich historical, cultural, and social contexts of 3,000 years of Greek art, from the Bronze Age through the Hellenistic period.
- Uniquely intersperses chapters devoted to major periods of Greek art from the Bronze Age through the Hellenistic period, with chapters containing discussions of important contextual themes across all of the periods
- Contextual chapters illustrate how a range of factors, such as the urban environment, gender, markets, and cross-cultural contact, influenced the development of art
- Chronological chapters survey the appearance and development of key artistic genres and explore how artifacts and architecture of the time reflect these styles
- Offers a variety of engaging and informative pedagogical features to help students navigate the subject, such as timelines, theme-based textboxes, key terms defined in margins, and further readings.
- Information is presented clearly and contextualized so that it is accessible to students regardless of their prior level of knowledge
- A book companion website is available at www.wiley.gom/go/greekart with the following resources: PowerPoint slides, glossary, and timeline