How NOT to Lead Learning from Tales of Dumpster Chickens, Mushroom Farmers, and Their Failures, by Cunningham, Chase
- ISBN: 9781394201983 | 1394201982
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 1/24/2024
An engaging discussion of costly and avoidable leadership mistakes
In How NOT To Lead, veteran cybersecurity executive and author Dr. Chase Cunningham turns the traditional “leadership book” on its head to show you exactly what you need to avoid doing to build your leadership skills. The author provides specific and actionable examples of behaviors and habits that dramatically undercut your performance as a leader, demonstrating how you can avoid these common pitfalls and mistakes.
In the book, you’ll discover how to get better at planning, strategizing, and executing your way into the future with skill and confidence. You’ll also find:
- Discussions of the biggest mistakes that leaders make when organizing and conducting business meetings
- Strategies for dealing with “brilliant jerks,” employees and team members with extraordinary capabilities and extraordinarily toxic personalities
- Details how any leader can fall into the trap of Mushroom Farming and fail to keep their employees and stakeholders in the light of knowledge, dooming them to toiling in the dark as "mushrooms"
- Expert descriptions of examples of leaders that function as Dumpster Chickens and how those corrosive tactics degrade business efficacy
- In-depth case studies of well-known organizations highlighting the real-world application of the concepts explained in the book
Perfect for managers, executives, directors, and other business leaders, How NOT To Lead is the insightful, hands-on roadmap you need to dodge the uncountable obstacles and wrong turns that pepper the leadership landscape.