Idiot's Guides: Dog Training, by Palika, Liz
- ISBN: 9781615644186 | 1615644180
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 9/1/2013
Nothing is more exciting than bringing home a new puppy or dog. But without some basic training, a dog can turn life upside down. Idiot's Guides: Dog Training helps readers lay a solid, positive behavioral foundation for dogs of all ages and levels of prior training. Filled with full-color, step-by-step photos for housetraining, obedience, behavior modification, and more, this book is the fastest, easiest way to help a dog grow into a happy, well-behaved member of the family. And when the dog has mastered the basics, this book also shows readers some fun tricks to help owners and dogs enjoy their time together even more.
The book includes the perfect balance between textual instruction and visual illustration to teach the essentials of dog training:
- Buying and using the right tools and gear.
- Establishing rapport and understanding with the dog.
- Housetraining easily and humanely.
- Learning the foundations of good behavior: come, sit, down, stay, leave it, walking on a leash, and more.
- Correcting bad behavior in a positive way and learning to behave well in special situations and with other dogs.
- Practicing some fun tricks to help the owner bond with their pet.
- An introduction to beginning AKC behavioral and competitive training.