Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Research and Practice, by Spector
- ISBN: 9781119805311 | 1119805317
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 8/16/2021
Explore the foundations of, and latest developments in, industrial-organizational psychology from employee and employer perspectives
In the newly revised Eighth Edition of Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Research and Practice, distinguished researcher and psychologist Paul E. Spector delivers a robust and up-to-date review of the industrial-organizational field that covers the latest research on contemporary trends and traditional areas of the subject. The author draws on four decades of research and teaching experience, balancing employee and organizational perspectives by covering issues relating to both employee well-being and productivity.
The new edition places a special focus on how technology is affecting a variety of issues in industrial-organizational psychology, especially employee selection and training. The growing trend of gamification as it relates to employee assessment, motivation, and training is discussed.
Each chapter includes a special feature that links to the author’s weekly blog expanding on the topics explained within the book. The book includes an instructor guide for using the blog in class. The book also offers:
- Current and balanced discussions of the most pertinent issues in industrial-organizational psychology today
- A special focus on the use of technology by employers to impact employee selection and training
- Practical discussions of gamification as a tool in employee assessment, motivation, and training
- Special features in each chapter that link back to the author’s popular, weekly blog on a variety of industrial-organizational issues
Perfect for undergraduate and graduate students studying industrial-organizational psychology, Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Research and Practice will also earn a place in the libraries of business students with an interest in organizational psychology seeking an accessible overview of the industrial-organizational field.