Information Privacy Law (Aspen Casebook) 7th Edition, by Daniel J Solove, Paul M Schwartz
- ISBN: 9781543813722 | 1543813720
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 11/18/2020
Buy a new version of this textbook and receive access to the Connected eBook on CasebookConnect, including: lifetime access to the online ebook with highlight, annotation, and search capabilities, plus an outline tool and other helpful resources. Connected eBooks provide what you need most to be successful in your law school classes. Learn more about Connected eBooks
The Seventh Edition of Information Privacy Law has been revised to include the California Consumer Privacy Act, the GDPR, Carpenter, state biometric data laws, and many other new developments. A clear, comprehensive, and cutting-edge introduction to the field of information privacy law, Information Privacy Law contains the latest cases and materials exploring issues of emerging technology and information privacy, and the extensive background information and authorial guidance provide clear and concise introductions to various areas of law.
New to the Seventh Edition:
- Additional Coverage or updates to:
- California Consumer Privacy Act
- Carpenter v. United States
- General Data Protection Regulation
- State biometric data laws
- New FTC enforcement actions, including Facebook
Professors and students will benefit from:
- Extensive coverage of FTC privacy enforcement, HIPAA and HHS enforcement, standing in privacy lawsuits, among other topics.
- Chapters devoted exclusively to data security, national security, employment privacy, and education privacy.
- Sections on government surveillance and freedom to explore ideas.
- Extensive coverage of the NSA and the Snowden revelations and the ensuing regulation.
- Engaging approach to complicated laws and regulations such as HIPAA, FCRA, ECPA, GDPR, and CCPA.