Intermittent Fasting For Dummies, by Brill, Janet Bond
- ISBN: 9781119724094 | 1119724090
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 12/3/2020
Lose weight and belly fat, prevent disease, boost metabolism, and live longer!
So, you want to begin an intermittent fasting plan and embark on a leaner, healthier and longer life? You probably have already heard about this wildly popular health and fitness diet plan. Intermittent fasting continues to be one of the top Google trending diet searches of the year. The truth is that intermittent fasting programs are popular because they are much easier to maintain than traditional, highly restrictive, calorie-controlled diets. Scientific studies show that intermittent fasting can have extraordinary health benefits such as:
- Promoting weight and body fat loss (especially stubborn belly fat)
- Stabilizing blood sugar levels, reducing insulin resistance, and managing diabetes
- Increasing resistance to stress and suppressing inflammation
- Improving cardiovascular health including lowering resting heart rate, blood pressure and “bad” cholesterol levels
- Supporting brain health and improving memory
- Fighting premature aging
- Fostering a healthier gut
- Boosting psychological well-being
If you are ready to get on the intermittent fasting bandwagon, then here is the perfect step-by-step guide to following an intermittent fasting plan of your choice. Whether it’s the 16:8 method, the Warrior intermittent fasting plan; the Alternate Day intermittent fasting plan; the 5:2 method; or the Eat-Stop-Eat intermittent fasting plan. Too good to be true? No, but the trick―as with everything―is doing it in a safe and effective way and Intermittent Fasting For Dummies makes that easy, providing tried and true evidence-based advice and information about the five most popular methods and 40+ recipes that will suit any lifestyle or diet. Nutrition and fitness expert―and internationally recognized specialist in disease prevention―Janet Bond Brill shows you how to choose the method that suits you best, as well as guiding you through the science behind intermittent fasting, including how it ignites your fat-burning potential, promotes cellular repair, increases the production of growth hormone, and reduces insulin and blood sugar levels.
- Choose the right plan and stick to it
- Make more than 40 healthy and delicious nutritionist-approved meals
- Lose weight and body fat and keep it off
- Improve overall health and prevent disease
Wherever you are in your health journey―seeking weight loss, getting fitter, living a disease prevention lifestyle or building muscle―Intermittent Fasting For Dummies shows you how to make the science of "too good to be true" into a truly effective part of your regular, healthy routine.