The Joy of Pickling, 3rd Edition 300 Flavor-Packed Recipes for All Kinds of Produce from Garden or Market, by Ziedrich, Linda
- ISBN: 9781558328600 | 1558328602
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 8/15/2016
Whether you're making a pint of sauerkraut or a peck of pickled peppers, The Joy of Pickling provides all the tools for pickling success!
"By working a special kind of magic on an abundance of produce," Christopher Kimball writes in the foreword to this inspiring, comprehensive, and eminently practical book, "Linda Ziedrich has transformed what might have become a lost art into something both necessary and delightful."
Putting up pickles is a time-honored technique for preserving the harvest and getting the most out of fresh produce, whether you grow it yourself or purchase it at the supermarket or farmers market. But pickling isn't just about preserving: It's a way to create mouthwatering condiments and side dishes that add endless variety and loads of big, vibrant flavors to the table.
Making these salty, sour, sweet, and tangy treats isn't hard, as long as you have this authoritative and user-friendly volume to guide you. This new edition includes 50 brand-new recipes, many focused on the latest trend in pickling: fermentation. It also includes:
- Pickles from all over the globe, from down-home American favorites to adventuresome new ideas from Asia, the Middle East, and Europe
- Recipes for canned and put-up pickles and also for super-easy quick pickles for the fridge or freezer
- New techniques for preventing yeast and mold growths on fermented pickles
- Recipes for using pickled produce in chutneys, salsas, relishes, and more
- Expert safety guidance and tips
From Lower East Side Full-Sour Dills to Cabbage and Radish Kimchi, Pickled Whole Watermelons to Quick Pickled Baby Corn, the 300 recipes in The Joy of Pickling make the harvest last, deliciously and freshly, all year round.