Christian Delage is Professor and Director of the Institut d'Histoire du Temps Présent at the University of Paris-VIII. He has also taught at the Institut d'Études Politiques (IEP) in Paris and the Cardozo Law School in New York. His films include Nuremberg: The Nazis Facing Their Crimes and Camerasin the Courtroom.
Peter Goodrich is Professor of Law at Cardozo School of Law, New York and Visiting Professor in the School of Social Science at NYU Abu Dhabi. He was the founding dean of the Department of Law at Birkbeck, University of London, where he was also the Corporation of London Professor of Law. He has written extensively in legal history and theory, law and literature and semiotics and has authored 12 books. He is the executive editor of the journal Law and Literature (Taylor & Francis), and was the founding editor of Law and Critique (Springer). His most recent books are Schreber's Law:Jurisprudence and Judgment in Transition (Edinburgh University Press, 2018) and Legal Emblems and the Art of Law (Cambridge University Press, 2013). To this coruscating and lucifugous erudition can be added co-writing and co-producing the award winning documentary Auf Wiedersehen: 'Til we Meet Again (Diskin Films, 2012).
Marco Wan is Associate Professor of Law and Honorary Associate Professor of English at the University of Hong Kong. Marco is the author of Masculinity and the Trials of Modern Fiction (Routledge, 2016).
List of Figures
1 Introduction: West of Everything Christian Delage, Peter Goodrich and Marco Wan
Part I: Heading West
2. The Aesthetics of 'Convivencia'. Visualising a Mode of Living Together in Al Andalus Raja Sakrani
3. Auriculation Peter Goodrich
4. Pasteur (William Dieterle, 1936): A Transmedia Pioneering Role in Health Imagery and Sanitary Public Policies Claire Demoulin
5. Souvenir, Fiction, Imaginary. Times of Fascism in The Conformist by Alberto Moravia and Bernardo Bertolucci Thibault Guichard
6. The Law of the Father and The Order of Time: Charles Laughton's The Night of the Hunter Christian Delage
7. The Litigating Dead: Zombie Jurisprudence in The Walking Dead, World War Z and The Rising William MacNeil
8. Lifestyle: How to Become an Image Emanuele Coccia
Part II: New Frontiers of Jurisprudence
9. Virtual Judges in Immigrant Detention: The Mise en Scène of No-show Justice Michelle Castaneda
10. Facebook and the (Legal) Personality of Animals Christopher Hutton
11. Moral Choices and Legal Norms in Videogames and Interactive Film Antoine Rocipon
12. Synesthetic Law; or, How VR Teaches Us to Perceive Law Differently Daniela Gandorfer
13. Visual Advocacy: The Case of Same-sex Marriage Marco Wan
14. Kamikaze Law: On the Aesthetics of the Legal War on Terror Laurent de Sutter