Leaders of Their Own Learning Transforming Schools Through Student-Engaged Assessment, by Unknown
- ISBN: 9781118655443 | 1118655443
- Cover: Paperback w/DVD
- Copyright: 1/7/2014
From EL Education comes a proven approach to student assessment
Leaders of Their Own Learning offers a new way of thinking about assessment based on the celebrated work of EL Education schools across the country. Student-Engaged Assessment is not a single practice but an approach to teaching and learning that equips and compels students to understand goals for their learning and growth, track their progress toward those goals, and take responsibility for reaching them. This requires a set of interrelated strategies and structures and a whole-school culture in which students are given the respect and responsibility to be meaningfully engaged in their own learning.
- Includes everything teachers and school leaders need to implement a successful Student-Engaged Assessment system in their schools
- Outlines the practices that will engage students in making academic progress, improve achievement, and involve families and communities in the life of the school
- Describes each of the book's eight key practices, gives advice on how to begin, and explains what teachers and school leaders need to put into practice in their own classrooms
- Ron Berger is Chief Program Officer for EL Education and a former public school teacher
Leaders of Their Own Learning shows educators how to ignite the capacity of students to take responsibility for their own learning, meet Common Core and state standards, and reach higher levels of achievement.
Video and other supplementary materials are not included as part of the e-book file, but are available for download after purchase.