Living Language: An Introduction to Linguistic Anthropology, by Ahearn, Laura M.
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781119060604 | 1119060605
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 12/19/2016
Revised and updated, the 2nd Edition of Living Language: An Introduction to Linguistic Anthropology presents an accessible introduction to the study of language in real-life social contexts around the world through the contemporary theory and practice of linguistic anthropology.
- Presents a highly accessible introduction to the study of language in real-life social contexts around the world
- Combines classic studies on language and cutting-edge contemporary scholarship and assumes no prior knowledge in linguistics or anthropology
- Features a series of updates and revisions for this new edition, including an all-new chapter on forms of nonverbal language
- Provides a unifying synthesis of current research and considers future directions for the field