- ISBN: 9781119897842 | 111989784X
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 5/10/2022
A Wall Street Journal Bestseller
Explore the power of communication to heal hurt, overcome adversity, and build a unified team
In The Locker Room, bestselling author Damon West and player development coach Stephen Mackey team up to explore difficult conversations about eliminating both discrimination and the cancel culture, as well as overcoming adversity. The book tells the story of four characters: two high school football coaches and two players, each of whom must deal with the fallout of an offensive comment that severely disrupts the unity and cohesion of their locker room and threatens to destroy their team.
In The Locker Room, you’ll find:
- A guide to building an inclusive culture
- The blueprint for using servant leadership and a willingness to listen to break down barriers
- Encouragement to have the difficult conversations that lie at the heart of modern life
- Strategies for navigating your personal and professional life in a way that gracefully deals with the realities of prejudice, discrimination, and cancel culture
- Techniques for giving all people an equal voice and an equal chance at success through learning with humility and teaching with grace
An indispensable exploration of some of the most critical and most difficult issues faced by professionals, coaches, athletes, and students today, The Locker Room is a must-read resource that belongs in the libraries of anyone who seeks a life or culture that can not only overcome adversity, but can also use it to reach their goals and improve their communities.