- ISBN: 9781786570819 | 1786570815
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 7/17/2018
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Bangkok is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Shop for anything and everything at Chatuchak Weekend Market, learn to make zesty Thai dishes at a cookery school, and give thanks for your good fortune at the giant golden Buddha at Wat Pho - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Bangkok and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Bangkok:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, religion, cuisine, politics
- Over 35 maps for easy navigation
- Covers Ko Ratanakosin & Thonburi, Banglamphu, Thewet & Dusit, Chinatown, Siam Square, Pratunam, Phloen Chit & Ratchathewi, Riverside, Silom & Lumphini, Sukhumvit, Northern Bangkok, Ayutthaya Historical Park, Ko Samet, Amphawa, Phetchaburi, Kanchanaburi, Khao Yai
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Bangkok is our most comprehensive guide to the city, and is perfect for discovering both popular and offbeat sights.
Looking for just the highlights? Check out Pocket Bangkok, our handy-sized guide featuring the best sights and experiences for a short visit. After more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Thailand guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)