- ISBN: 9781786572769 | 1786572761
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/15/2019
Lonely Planet: The world's number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet's Madridis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. View the marvellous frescoes at Plaza Mayor, enjoy tapas in La Latina and take a stroll with the locals in the Parque del Buen Retiro - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Madrid and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Madrid:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, religion, cuisine, politics
- Covers Salamanca, Plaza Mayor, Royal Madrid, La Latina, Lavapiés, Malasaña, Chueca, Parque del Oeste, Sol, Santa Ana, Huertas, El Retiro, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Madrid is our most comprehensive guide to Madrid, and is perfect for discovering both popular and offbeat experiences.
Looking for just the highlights? Check out Pocket Madrid, our handy-sized guide featuring the best sights and experiences for a short visit or weekend away.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017