- ISBN: 9780134530093 | 0134530098
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/10/2017
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0134550137.
A comprehensive, coherent, research-validated model designed for helping secondary English learners meet rigorous academic standards.
In this comprehensive guide, secondary educators get a user-friendly approach for planning and implementing lessons that provide students access to grade-level content, develop students’ academic English skills, and prepare students to be college- and career-ready. Proven successful in improving teaching effectiveness and realizing academic gains for students, the SIOP Model presented in this book can be implemented in all content areas, and across grade levels and English proficiency levels.
Highlights of the 3rd Edition include specific applications of SIOP to Common Core and other state standards, as well as new educational reforms such as ESSA. To help teachers implement the SIOP model, new learning aids have been added, including Reflect and Apply exercises, Teaching with Technology vignettes, a new SIOP lesson plan template and sample lesson plan, and a new user-friendly approach to identifying and writing language objectives. The Enhanced Pearson eText version provides embedded video links that enable students to see the SIOP model in action, along with interviews featuring SIOP educators.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.