- ISBN: 9780071834780 | 0071834788
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 3/25/2014
The Definitive Guide to the 2014 NEC
Completely revised and expanded to reflect changes in the 2014 NEC, McGraw-Hill's National Electrical Code® 2014 Handbook, 28th Edition presents the trusted advice and analysis you need to accurately interpret 2014 NEC rules. In-depth coverage of the background and rationale for specific Code rules enhances your understanding of the meaning and application of those rules. This practical resource also points out important matters of discussion with inspectors.
Designed as a must-have companion to the 2014 NEC book published by the National Fire Protection Association, this comprehensive volume features more than 1,000 detailed diagrams and photos. The authoritative information and insight contained in this on-the-job reference will help your work pass inspection the first time.
This book doesn't duplicate the text of the NEC. Instead, it is entirely comprised of explanatory text, specifically addressing every single code article, providing the most analytical content available. Because this book is published completely independently from NFPA, it is free to--and frequently does--offer detailed analysis of technically questionable and editorially convoluted provisions in the NEC, along with strategies for discussing those issues in advance with owners and inspectors before financial commitments are made.
Covers all significant changes in the 2014 NEC, including:
- Low Voltage Direct Current Distribution Systems (new Article 393)
- Modular Data Centers (new Article 646)
- Fire Resistive Cable Systems (new Article 728)
- Energy Management Systems (new Article 750)
- Global changes to hazard warning labels and centralization of rules for lockout mechanisms, along with extensive increases of permitted utilization voltage from 600 to 1000
- Coverage throughout the NEC® of DC systems due to expanding usage
- Critical expansion of both requirements for and acceptable strategies to provide AFCI protection