Mediation Negotiation by Other Moves, by Lempereur, Alain; Salzer, Jacques; Colson, Aurelien; Pekar, Michele; Kogan, Eugene B.
- ISBN: 9781119768425 | 111976842X
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 6/28/2021
When negotiation fails, mediation avails other moves for an amicable resolution. Whether you are a current or future mediator or a party to a conflict, this is your essential companion to the theory, concepts, and best practices of mediation.
In a world ridden by social divisions, responsible resolution of conflicts is more timely than ever. What happens when parties are unable to negotiate an agreement together? The next move is to invite a third party to reset the negotiations, facilitate the exchanges, rebuild a working relationship and empower the parties to explore the past, surface their present needs, invent, evaluate and choose the best solutions for the future.
Mediation: Negotiation by Other Moves brings decades of critical analysis and experience that the authors tested worldwide in international organizations, governments, NGOs, universities and corporations. You will understand mediation better, and its significance in your personal and professional life. You will be able to develop a flexible mindset and a broad outlook to achieve sustainable outcomes. This book will cover:
- Models and principles from various domains of mediation: family, business & labor, public affairs, international relations
- A mediation framework to prepare for mediation and to run its process smoothly
- A step-by-step approach to a mediation session, from the opening until a possible settlement, via the various phases of problem solving
- Mediation traps and how to avoid them—for mediators and parties alike
- Ethics of mediation and questions of responsibility
Mediation: Negotiation by Other Moves is essential reading for anyone who wishes to develop a pragmatic approach to mediation.