The Metrics Manifesto Confronting Security with Data, by Seiersen, Richard
- ISBN: 9781119515364 | 111951536X
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 8/3/2021
Provides predictive security metrics with R—security, analytics, and programming
Massive data breaches and discussions surrounding improving technology security have been topics of intense interest over the past several years. Security failures by organizations such as Equifax, Uber, the U.S Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Republican National Committee, amongst many others, impacted millions of Americans. There is no disputing the importance of effective cybersecurity technologies and practices, yet measuring security effectiveness within corporations and other entities has proved to be a challenge. The Metrics Manifesto examines security metrics with R, the popular open-source programming language and software development environment for statistical computing.
This timely, fully up-to-date guide focuses on applied measurement that proves or disproves information security effectiveness. Comprehensive, detailed chapters discuss security, predictive analytics, and programming with R. Author Richard Seiersen presents an innovative approach to security metrics, looking to fields such as the sciences and professional sports to improve measurement. A valuable tool for discovering how to improve IT security procedures, this important book:
- Uncovers the truths about an organization’s security programs
- Explains how processing data with R can measure security improvements
- Helps technology security teams identify and rectify security weaknesses
- Offer practical insights from a leading security expert with two decade’s experience in information security, risk management, and product development
- Includes a downloadable applied tutorial new R users
The Metrics Manifesto: Confronting Security with Data is an essential resource for IT security managers, risk managers, statisticians, and other security professionals.