Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Services for Architects, by Savill, John
- ISBN: 9781119596578 | 1119596572
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 10/29/2019
An expert guide for IT administrators needing to create and manage a public cloud and virtual network using Microsoft Azure
With Microsoft Azure challenging Amazon Web Services (AWS) for market share, there has been no better time for IT professionals to broaden and expand their knowledge of Microsoft’s flagship virtualization and cloud computing service. Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Services for Architects: Designing Cloud Solutions helps readers develop the skills required to understand the capabilities of Microsoft Azure for Infrastructure Services and implement a public cloud to achieve full virtualization of data, both on and off premise. Microsoft Azure provides granular control in choosing core infrastructure components, enabling IT administrators to deploy new Windows Server and Linux virtual machines, adjust usage as requirements change, and scale to meet the infrastructure needs of their entire organization.
This accurate, authoritative book covers topics including IaaS cost and options, customizing VM storage, enabling external connectivity to Azure virtual machines, extending Azure Active Directory, replicating and backing up to Azure, disaster recovery, and much more. New users and experienced professionals alike will:
- Get expert guidance on understanding, evaluating, deploying, and maintaining Microsoft Azure environments from Microsoft MVP and technical specialist John Savill
- Develop the skills to set up cloud-based virtual machines, deploy web servers, configure hosted data stores, and use other key Azure technologies
- Understand how to design and implement serverless and hybrid solutions
- Learn to use enterprise security guidelines for Azure deployment
Offering the most up to date information and practical advice, Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Services for Architects: Designing Cloud Solutions is an essential resource for IT administrators, consultants and engineers responsible for learning, designing, implementing, managing, and maintaining Microsoft virtualization and cloud technologies.