- ISBN: 9783527349807 | 3527349804
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 3/13/2023
Comprehensive overview on the advanced development of mixed-valence chemistry
Mixed-Valence Systems: Fundamentals, Synthesis, Electron Transfer, and Applications covers all topics related to the theory and experimental results of mixed-valence systems, including the design, synthesis, and applications of mixed-valence compounds containing inorganic, organometallic and organic redox-active centers. The text also covers the recent advances in mixed-valence chemistry, including the development of new mixed-valence systems, transition of mixed valency, better understanding of the spectral characteristics of intervalence charge transfer, and controllable electron transfer related to molecular electronics.
In Mixed-Valence Systems, readers can expect to find detailed information on sample topics such as:
- Characterization and evaluation of mixed-valence systems, electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy, and electrochemical methods
- Optical analysis, important issues in mixed-valence chemistry, transition of mixed valency from localized to delocalized, and solvent control of electron transfer
- Theoretical background, potential energy surfaces from classical two-state model, and quantum description of the potential energy surfaces
- Reorganization energies, electronic coupling matrix element and the transition moments, generalized Mulliken–Hush theory, and analysis of the band shape of intervalence charge transfer
Strengthening the relationship of mixed-valence electron transfer and molecular electronics, Mixed-Valence Systems is of immense value to researchers and professionals working in the field of electron transfer, molecular electronics, and optoelectronics.