- ISBN: 9781719642866 | 1719642869
- Cover: Spiral Bound
- Copyright: 2/11/2022
Maximize patient care skills
Rely on this state-of-the-art, multimedia resource to help you navigate confidently in both common and complex clinical situations. Mastering patient care skills will ground you in fundamental rehabilitation principles; help you establish a culture of patient-centered care; and develop essential your clinical problem-solving and critical-thinking skills. You’ll also learn how to help your patients progress toward greater mobility and independence. Over 750 full-color photographs and illustrations make every concept crystal clear.
See the techniques in action
An access code in new, printed texts unlocks 55 full-color narrated video clips online at FADavis.com that show you clinicians and patients performing key techniques described in the text.
- UPDATED & EXPANDED! Incorporating current research and today’s best evidence-based practices
- NEW! Levels of assistance as defined by the Comprehensive Assessment Reporting Evaluation (CARE) tool, edema assessment methods, and expanded application of biomechanics principles to body mechanics for patients and clinicians
- NEW! Intervention boxes
- EXPANDED! More emphasis on clinical reasoning with a new decision-making algorithm to guide the clinician’s choice of mechanical and manual transfer methods
- EXPANDED! More emphasis on diversity and distinguishing between recovery and compensation
- EXPANDED! More information on neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, dementia, and spinal cord injury and how they relate to mobility concepts as well as the use of a wheelchair as a primary means of locomotion
- Narrated video clips with closed captioning online at FADavis.com demonstrate must-know techniques.
- A focus on developing the foundational knowledge, clinical expertise, and problem-solving skills required to work safely and effectively in both common and unexpected patient situations.
- Organizational structure parallels the progression of patient intervention.
- Icons throughout the text highlight important concepts and care skills.
- “Watch Out!” “Keeping Current,” and “Clinical Tips” boxes cover important safety reminders, recent research, and pointers for effectiveness and efficiency in the clinic.
- “Try This,” “Clinical Reality Check,” “Thinking It Through,” and “Pathophysiology” boxes provide additional learning enhancements.
- A wealth of clinical examples mirror today’s patient populations.