Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781630912475 | 1630912476
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 4/15/2017
Occupation, theory-driven, evidence-based, and client-centered practice continue to be the core of the profession and is the central focus of Occupational Therapy Essentials for Clinical Competence, Third Edition.
The Third Edition contains updated and enriched chapters which incorporate new perspectives and evidence-based information important to entry-level practitioners. The Third Edition continues to relate each chapter to the newest ACOTE Standards and is evidence-based, while also addressing the guidelines of practice and terms from the AOTA’s Occupational Therapy Practice Framework, Third Edition.
Karen Jacobs and Nancy MacRae, along with their 60 contributors, introduce every topic necessary for competence as an entry-level practitioner. Varied perspectives are provided in each chapter with consistent references made to the relevance of certified occupational therapy assistant roles and responsibilities.
Additionally, chapters on Primary Care and the Dark Side of Occupation have been added to broaden the foundational scope of knowledge. Each chapter also contains a clinical case used to exemplify relevant content.
New in the Third Edition:
- All chapters have been updated to reflect the AOTA’s Occupational Therapy Practice Framework, Third Edition
- Updated references and evidence-based practice chart for each chapter
- Updated case studies to match the current standards of practice
- References to the AOTA’s Code of Ethics, Third Edition
- New student activities, multiple choice questions, and PowerPoint presentations are included for each chapter
Instructors in educational settings can visit www.efacultylounge.com for additional material to be used for teaching in the classroom.
Occupational Therapy Essentials for Clinical Competence, Third Edition is the perfect multi-use resource to be used as an introduction to the material, while also serving as a review prior to sitting for the certification exam for occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants.