Offbeat North America 1, by Planet, Lonely
- ISBN: 9781837582242 | 1837582246
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 5/21/2024
Discover 100 unique travel experiences in North America where tourists are few and far between, from Central Alberta's deserted ghost towns to the wild horses of Assateague Island. Featuring alternative destinations across the region, this inspiring guide takes readers beyond the classic bucket list to reveal unforgettable crowd-free adventures.
Hike beneath a canopy of green forest in Canada's wild and unspoilt Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario; or spot humpback whales on eco-conscious off-shore tours as they make a splash in the Dominican Republic's Samana Bay. From under-the-radar national reserves to small towns with big personalities, these remarkable, yet lesser known spots have so much to offer. Travelers will also learn how their visit can benefit local communities and up-and-coming neighborhoods; with sustainable travel options highlighted wherever possible.
Inside Offbeat North America:
- 100 lesser-known destinations with hidden gems from each of the USA's 50 states, along with Canada, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic
- Go if you like comparisons offering magnificent alternatives to over-populated sites and landmarks for amazing crowd-free experiences
- Insider knowledge on how your visit can make a positive impact on local businesses
- Helpful tips for first-time travelers
- Expert advice on why you should go, when you should go and how to get there
- Presented in a beautiful hardcover format with striking photography, practical planning information and handy maps
Connect with vibrant cultures, unearth amazing stories and make these exhilarating under-the-radar travel experiences part of your next great trip. Perfect for curious minds, Offbeat North America is a must-read for anyone dreaming of, or planning an upcoming adventure. Gift this unique book to the traveler in your life or simply keep these off-the-beaten track destinations all to yourself.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet, a Red Ventures Company, is the world’s number one travel guidebook brand. Providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveler since 1973, Lonely Planet reaches hundreds of millions of travelers each year online and in print and helps them unlock amazing experiences. Visit us at lonelyplanet.com and join our community of followers on Facebook (facebook.com/lonelyplanet), Twitter (@lonelyplanet), Instagram (instagram.com/lonelyplanet), and TikTok (@lonelyplanet).
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' – Fairfax Media (Australia)