- ISBN: 9781975228361 | 1975228367
- Cover: Nonspecific Binding
- Copyright: 10/12/2023
With this purchase, you will receive a printed code providing access to Lippincott® Connect, including an interactive eBook, multimedia content, and assessment questions.
Lippincott® Connect enhances your student experience in an all-in-one learning solution designed to strengthen comprehension and prepare you for success in your course. Your instructor may customize the course, create assignments, and track your progress. Valuable feedback and remediation are provided to you in real-time, identifying any topics which might need extra attention in your studies. Lippincott® Connect provides key performance insights, reported in a user-friendly dashboard, that allow you to tailor your learning experiences and maximize efficiency.
In addition to the content of the eBook described below, this title includes the following digital assets:
• Chapter proficiency quizzes, aligned to book chapters, with rationale and remediation
• PrepU test questions, organized by chapter, with rationale and remediation
• 10 videos covering important concepts from the text
• 120 suggested readings to enhance your studies
Companion to the Fabrication Process Manual for Orthotic Intervention for the Hand and Upper Extremity, now published as a separate text. Also available for purchase together using ISBN 9781975174118.
This comprehensive text is the perfect resource for use in the classroom, during labs, and in clinical practice for both occupational and physical therapists. Additionally, it is a great reference for those studying to become a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT). Orthotic Intervention for the Hand and Upper Extremity: Splinting Principles and Process superbly highlights anatomical and mechanical principles; discusses associated indications and precautions; and promotes clinical reasoning skills by presenting various patient examples, therefore allowing you to confidently utilize techniques in clinical practice.
This updated third edition is divided into the following sections: fundamentals necessary for successful orthotic fabrication, additional intervention methods, and orthoses for specific diagnoses and patient populations. Now with a larger format for more generous pattern appreciation, as well as incorporated and revised evidence-based content from an expanded list of contributing authors, it remains the go-to resource for every level of usage.
- New Chapters on Relative Motion Orthoses, Prosthetics, Orficast,Delta-Cast, and Tendon & Nerve Transfers.
- Fabrication Process Manual is now a separate supplemental resource including comprehensive step-by-step directions for more than 60 orthoses in addition to dozens more orthosis options included within the Clinical and Expert Pearls.
- Full-color photographs of actual patients provide hundreds of new clinical examples demonstrating the direct link to clinical practice.
- Larger Format of textbook allowing for larger images and additional content.
- Addition of Expert Pearls generously shared by dozens of hand therapy experts from around the world including unique orthotic ideas, tips, and material usage.
- Field Notes written by chosen clinical experts highlighting a unique perspective on that chapter’s content.
- FAQs list common questions therapists have related to orthotic fabrication and other intervention strategies for a specific patient population.
- Respected Surgeons contributed their thoughts highlighting the important collaborative relationship between a surgeon and hand therapist.