Photoshop for Lightroom Users, by Kelby, Scott
- ISBN: 9780134657882 | 0134657888
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 12/28/2018
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is truly an awesome program, and the primary editing tool for so many photographers today. But, at some point, you realize that there are things you need to do to your images that Lightroom just can’t do. It could be anything from pro-level portrait retouching, to blending two or more images together, to incredible special effects, to removing distracting things in your image, to adding beautiful type to your images, and, well…there are just lots of incredible things you could do…if you just knew Photoshop.
Adobe Photoshop is…well…it’s Photoshop—this huge, amazing, Swiss Army knife of a program with 70+ tools, and more than a hundred filters. So, compared to Lightroom it seems really complicated, and it could be, but you’ve got a secret weapon: Scott Kelby. He’s the same guy who wrote the world’s #1 best-selling book on Lightroom, he’s Editor and Publisher of Photoshop User magazine and Lightroom Magazine, and he’s here to teach you just the most important, most useful parts of Photoshop—just the stuff that Lightroom can’t already do. Once you learn these techniques (all covered in this short, quick, easy-to-use, plain-English guide), it opens a whole new world of productivity and creativity.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Scott tells you flat-out which tools to use, which techniques work best, which ones to avoid, and why. You only really need about 20% of what Photoshop can do, and that 20% is all covered right in this book.
- The most important layer techniques, and learning layers is like being handed the keys to the candy store—this is where the fun begins, and you’ll be amazed at what you’ll be able to do, so quickly and easily.
- Scott’s favorite (and most useful) portrait retouching techniques; his favorite special effects for landscape, travel, and people photos; plus which filters are awesome (and which ones waste your time).
- Also, you’ll learn how to mask hair and create super-realistic composites (you’ll be amazed when you learn how easy this is), plus how to take advantage of all the latest Photoshop technology, how to leverage the latest features (so you’re doing things the easy way), and a bunch of today’s most popular techniques (the same commercial looks you’re seeing in hot demand), so you’ll be using Photoshop like a shark in no time.
If you’ve been saying to yourself, “Ya know, I really should learn Photoshop,” you’re holding the absolute best book to get you there, coming from the guy who literally wrote the book on Lightroom. He knows how to help you make the most of using these two powerful tools together to take your images (and your fun) to the next level. You are going to love being a Photoshop shark!