Popular Culture A User's Guide, by Szeman, Imre; O'brien, Susie
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781119140344 | 111914034X
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 9/5/2017
Popular Culture: A User’s Guide, International Edition ventures beyond the history of pop culture to give readers the vocabulary and tools to address and analyze the contemporary cultural landscape that surrounds them.
- Moves beyond the history of pop culture to give students the vocabulary and tools to analyze popular culture
- suitable for the study of popular culture across a range of disciplines, from literary theory and cultural studies to philosophy and sociology
- Covers a broad range of important topics including the underlying socioeconomic structures that affect media, the politics of pop culture, the role of consumers, subcultures and countercultures, and the construction of social reality
- Examines the ways in which individuals and societies act as consumers and agents of popular culture