Primary Care Medicine, by Goroll, Allan
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781496398116 | 1496398114
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 9/9/2020
Long regarded as “the book” in the field for in-depth learning as well as decision support at the point of care, Primary Care Medicine, 8th Edition, continues its tradition as a comprehensive, evidence-based, action-oriented information resource. Presented in companion electronic format updated quarterly, its problem-based orientation spans the full spectrum of problems encountered in adult primary care practice. Chapters address screening, diagnosis, prevention and management, including indications for referral and approaches to patient education and shared decision making. Clear, practical, bulleted recommendations and an extensive annotated bibliography of best references follow detailed discussions of pathophysiology, clinical presentation, differential diagnosis, and strategies for workup and treatment. Now with its 40th-anniversary edition, this exceptional text is a must-have resource for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, students, and residents- offering the most complete and up-to-date resource available for primary care education and practice.
- Included interactive eBook incorporates quarterly updates featuring critically reviewed important new evidence as well as a study guide for students and tables for shared decision making.
- Fully updated chapter content based on nearly 4,000 new references and real-world advice in bulleted form at the end of each chapter ensure current, easily accessible, evidence-based point-of-care decision support.
- Unique problem-based chapter organization covers the spectrum of adult primary care, highlighted by more than 400 tables, figures, and photographs, many in color.
- Chapters present actionable, scientifically validated guidance that allows physicians to go beyond standard consensus guidelines and provide highly personalized care.
- Best evidence is integrated with considerations of affordability, cost-effectiveness, convenience, and patient preference.
- Special consideration is given to team-based approaches of primary care delivery, recognizing its increasing importance to achieving high levels of practice performance.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.