- ISBN: 9781119218692 | 1119218691
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 5/2/2023
The new edition of the bestselling text on quality improvement in health care, providing powerful theoretical frameworks and principles, valuable tools and techniques, and a proven action-learning program
Clinical microsystems such as nursing units and primary care clinics are the essential building blocks of larger organizations and the wider health care system. Developing reliable, efficient, and responsive frontline units that meet the individual needs of one patient, continually improve care for the next patient, and create an exceptional working environment for all staff is critical for achieving the best patient outcomes. Quality By Design: A Clinical Microsystems Approach presents an evidence-based strategy for teaching the fundamentals of quality improvement across all levels of health care leadership.
Written by a team of international experts in health care improvement, this innovative volume provides research results on high-performing clinical microsystems, real-world case studies of individual clinical programs, effective tools and techniques that can be adapted by diverse clinical practices and teams, and much more. The fully revised second edition further advances clinical microsystem theory and practice by providing new material on leadership development, discussing the vital role of data and information technology in clinical environments, and addressing the organizational levels of macrosystems and mesosystems in greater depth. Expanded coverage of designing, implementing, and measuring improvement strategies is complimented by additional illustrative case studies and value-based care models. Reflecting the research and applied training conducted at Dartmouth Medical School, the new edition of Quality By Design:
- Provides a core curriculum that can build microsystems’ capability to provide excellent care and make positive contributions to the larger organization
- Guides readers on actively engaging interdisciplinary teams in learning and applying improvement science to develop high-performing clinical microsystems
- Outlines the design and redesign of services and planning care to match patient needs with services offered
- Contains new student-friendly features such as learning objectives, case examples, activities, exercises, and additional discussion topics in each chapter
- Includes PowerPoint slides, a test bank, and a sample syllabus for instructors
Quality By Design: A Clinical Microsystems Approach, Second Edition is an indispensable resource for all leaders working in health care, and the ideal textbook for students in health care administration, nursing, and medicine.