- ISBN: 9781119634324 | 1119634326
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 9/19/2022
A start-to-finish guide to one of the most useful programming languages for researchers in a variety of fields
In the newly revised Third Edition of The R Book, a team of distinguished teachers and researchers delivers a user-friendly and comprehensive discussion of foundational and advanced topics in the R software language, which is used widely in science, engineering, medicine, economics, and other fields. The book is designed to be used as both a complete text—readable from cover to cover—and as a reference manual for practitioners seeking authoritative guidance on particular topics.
This latest edition offers instruction on the use of the RStudio GUI, an easy-to-use environment for those new to R. It provides readers with a complete walkthrough of the R language, beginning at a point that assumes no prior knowledge of R and very little previous knowledge of statistics. Readers will also find:
- A thorough introduction to fundamental concepts in statistics and step-by-step roadmaps to their implementation in R;
- Comprehensive explorations of worked examples in R;
- A complementary companion website with downloadable datasets that are used in the book;
- In-depth examination of essential R packages.
Perfect for undergraduate and postgraduate students of science, engineering, medicine economics, and geography, The R Book will also earn a place in the libraries of social sciences professionals.