The Realities of Securing Big Data, by Ottenheimer, Davi
- ISBN: 9781118559215 | 1118559215
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 5/27/2020
Big data requires big security; here's what you need to know
More data is collected, at a higher speed, in more formats than ever before. Traditional information security simply has been unable to keep up with this transformation, which presents IT managers with a difficult dilemma. On the one hand everyone from the smallest company to the largest government is beginning to make use of giant lakes of information. The value proposition is clear. On the other hand, more harm than benefit looms when considering many of the realities of big data security. Even without specific solutions there may be workarounds and compensating controls to consider. The Realities of Big Data helps IT leaders identify how and where to best protect Big Data environments from disclosure, disruption or loss.
- Reveals emerging security risks of Big Data from the view of both IT and business management.
- Details the underlying reasons behind security gaps, how to find the gaps quickly and reliably, the options to consider for reducing risk from those gaps and the most likely dangers to avoid until choices improve.
- Shows how to balancing performance and progress against safety and control
- Presents measuring results and improving risk management
- Offers compensating controls and workarounds
- Shows how to leverage Big Data environments for security
Organizations need to carefully manage risks to their data as more important decisions are based on it. If you're a manager, architect, or developer charged with a big data project, you should have a copy of The Realities of Securing Big Data.