The Restaurant: From Concept to Operation, Ninth Edition, by Walker, John R
- ISBN: 9781119762164 | 1119762162
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 9/21/2022
AN AUTHORITATIVE, UP-TO-DATE, AND ONE-STOP GUIDE TO THE RESTAURANT BUSINESS
In the newly revised The Restaurant: From Concept to Operation, Ninth Edition, accomplished hospitality and restaurant professional John R. Walker delivers a comprehensive exploration of opening a restaurant, from the initial idea to the grand opening. The book offers readers robust, applications-based coverage of all aspects of developing, opening, and running a restaurant.
Readers will discover up-to-date material on staffing, legal and regulatory issues, cost control, financing, marketing and promotion, equipment and design, menus, sanitation, and concepts. Every chapter has been revised, updated and enhanced with several industry examples, sidebars, charts, tables, photos, and menus.
The ninth edition of The Restaurant: From Concept to Operation provides readers with all the information they need to make sound decisions that will allow for the building of a thriving restaurant business. The book also offers:
- A thorough introduction to the restaurant business, from the history of eating out to the modern challenges of restaurant operation
- A comprehensive exploration of restaurants and their owners, including quick-casual, sandwich, family, fine-dining, and other establishments
- Practical discussions of menus, kitchens, and purchasing, including prices and pricing strategies, menu accuracy, health inspections, and food purchasing systems
- In-depth examinations of restaurant operations, including bar and beverage service, budgeting and control, and food production and sanitation
An indispensable resource for undergraduate and graduate restaurant and food management services and business administration students, The Restaurant: From Concept to Operation, Ninth Edition is also perfect for aspiring and practicing restaurant owners and restaurant investors seeking a one-stop guide to the restaurant business.